Planning on creating your own photography website? Before you do it, here are some common mistakes you must avoid!
Are you a professional photographer? Are you thinking about building your own photography website where you can promote your work? Before you do that, make sure to read this article first.
In this article, we are going to share the most common mistakes photographers do when creating their website!
Here are the mistakes you need to avoid:
- Now Using WordPress – As you probably know, you can create a photography website with any platform, for example, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, and etc. Probably, one of the biggest mistakes you can make from the start is not choosing WordPress. Unlike the other platforms, if you use this platform you can control 100% of everything on your new website.
- Choosing the Right Web Hosting – Choosing the right hosting provider for your new website is very important. You need to choose a hosting provider that can offer you good security, fast performance, regular backups, and support. Don’t make a mistake by choosing the wrong web hosting for your site. We recommend using SiteGround and BlueHost.
- Now Using a Good Template – You need to keep in mind that your customers will judge your photography business by your website. So, pay attention to the design of your site and choose a good template. You want to make sure your website looks great and follows the modern trends and practices.
- Now Using the Right Plugins – It is normal for beginners not to be familiar with the plugins they have to use on their website. This is a problem that can cause you to waste a lot of time and money, and a lot of mistakes. Consult with a professional and make sure to use the right and the best plugins for your site.
- Your Website Has Complicated and Difficult Navigation – If you want to keep your current visitors and attract new visitors and potential customers, you want to make sure that your website is simple and easy to navigate. You need to avoid complicated navigation structures and just follow the keep it simple stupid method.
- Website Missing the Photography Portfolio – You are creating a website for your potential customers to check your work. You must create a portfolio and upload your best photographs on the site!
Make sure to avoid these mistakes when creating your site!
— PhotoWorkout (@PhotoWorkout) 21 de julio de 2017